Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Remie9
Regular Visitor

ArcGIS custom map not importing

Hi,

I created recently a map on ArcGIS.com but I am not able to retrieve it when adding a reference layer to my PowerBI ESRI map.

Can you help me out on how I can make it appear when I search for it?

Regards

Jeremie Simonet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Remie9,

Have you shared the file to Everyone(Public) in ArcMaps.com? Please refer to the following blog and article to add your custom Reference Layer for Power BI ESRI map.

How To Add Your Own ArcGIS Reference Layers for Power BI
Add custom reference layers to ArcGIS

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Remie9,

Have you shared the file to Everyone(Public) in ArcMaps.com? Please refer to the following blog and article to add your custom Reference Layer for Power BI ESRI map.

How To Add Your Own ArcGIS Reference Layers for Power BI
Add custom reference layers to ArcGIS

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cant see the thread. Can you please summarize what it says

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to create the map using ArcGIS pro for desktop. Added layer with polygons to it. Then added the reference layer to PowerBI. I can see the Polygons when importing but when the laye ris added, I cannot see any drawings. The ArcGIS map is MCIAx.

Can you please help?

Maybe its becasue I do not have the plus subscription.

Thanks

Jeremie.

@Remie9,

I am not clear about your scenario now, could you please post screenshots? And have you followed the guide in the articles I have post to add custom layer?

Regards,
Lydia

Hello,

I created a new map and then added a feature class to the correct database. Draew the polygons, saved then published. All went well.

The layer is now visible. I created it in the home database instead of the 'map' database which was wrong and i believe it was why it was not visibel on powerBI.

Also the Tutorial on ESRI web site does not say where to create the Feature class. Its in the database folder. The tutorial is out of date compared to the newest version I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 . Very confusing.

But in the end I managed to link the ESRI map from reference layer ARCGIS to the PowerBI ESRI map.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremie

Hi Jeremie,

Could you please share the steps of connecting ArcGIS map to Power BI? I am also facing the same issue. I have created the map on ARCGIS map which is saved in organisational account and now I want to import the map into power bi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors