Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vaughnteegarden
Frequent Visitor

Appfigures connector throwing an error

I set up the Appfigures connector and it was working fine. Then one day I started getting errors when trying to refresh data. 

To test, I added Appfigures as a new datasource to a blank report.  I can preview the "Sales" table in the Navigator just fine, but clicking the "Products" table gives the error "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden."

I know the credentials are okay, because the Sales table works. So this is either a problem with the connector (maybe something has changed on Appfigures API), or my account. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way I can report the connector as not working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Icey,

Thanks for testing that. On my end, I have had no changes to access (and as stated the access still works for the sales table), but since it worked for you it must be something with my account. 

Workaround:
I ended up working around the connector problem by configuring two new connections (one for products, one for sales data) directly to their API in web mode. Normally this would result in summarized data, but by by specifying "csv" as the data format, I am able to get row-by-row data.  This seems to be more flexible as well, as I have more control over the number of records returned, their date range, and so forth. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vaughnteegarden ,

I haven't used Appfigures before. I registered a new account for testing, but the issue you mentioned did not occur.

Please check if any access has been changed.

In addition, my Power BI Desktop Version is 2.88.802.0 64-bit (December 2020). Please upgrade your Power BI Desktop to the latest version 2.88.1144.0 and try it again.

products.JPG

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Hi Icey,

Thanks for testing that. On my end, I have had no changes to access (and as stated the access still works for the sales table), but since it worked for you it must be something with my account. 

Workaround:
I ended up working around the connector problem by configuring two new connections (one for products, one for sales data) directly to their API in web mode. Normally this would result in summarized data, but by by specifying "csv" as the data format, I am able to get row-by-row data.  This seems to be more flexible as well, as I have more control over the number of records returned, their date range, and so forth. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors