Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIiI
Regular Visitor

Amazon Redshift: The key didn't match any rows in the table

I need assistance.

When attempting to connect Power BI and Amazon Redshift I recieve the following message: "The key didn't match any rows in the table"

Key Information:

1. I am connecting Power BI and Redshift for the first time via desktop (i.e. I havent been able to move past this error and access data yet).

2. I do not have access to Amazon Redshift directly. It is being managed by a third party on a multi-tenant warehouse and therefore I cannot 'see' any of the data

3. Instead I have been provided instead with access to my appointed schema via a username and password. I have also been provided with the Redshift Server name, Redshift Port, Database name and Schema name

4. The error message shows once I have inputed the server, port, database name, login and password. 

If you have experienced the above / can assist, your help would be much appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIiI 

This error indicates :You have a query in which a row is selected based on a key value and that value does not exist.

Which is third party  multi-tenant warehouse where Amazon Redshift is managed?

If the data is stored in another data warehouse, please connect to that data source with Power BI.

"Redshift Server name, Redshift Port, Database name and Schema name" of yours can have acess to Amazon Redshift directly?

When put in your username and password,

You should use the server name that precisely matches the SSL certificate to avoid errors.

Best Regards
Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors