Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GISmorocco
Frequent Visitor

Added column in sharepoint list not imported after refresh

Hi 

I added 2 columns to my sharpoint list wich is part of Power Bi dataset ,After refresh my added columns aren't imported .

I can't find them in the field list in query edit either. Please help i've been looking for a solution for 2 days .

Thanks,

20 REPLIES 20
sid-agarwal
Regular Visitor

@GISmorocco Did we find a solution to this?
I was looking here but couldn't find one, can you please guide?

It would be brilliant, if there was any solution to that 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you connecting directly to your SharePoint list or do you use an SQL database as in intermediary?

Actually it  an access database published in sharpoint site to permit data edit contribution .So the data is stored as sharepoint list , i added the columns on sharepoint .When i imported the sharepoint list to a new database to test if i can find my added columns , i did find them  . But in power bi  still i can't . Can you point out the problem ? 

Thank you for taking time to  help 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the columns appear in the Access database?  Could the database be tied to the existing schema and not be set up to dynamically expand with the new columns?

I'm facing a similar problem where we have an external company managing various databases, one of which stores our sharepoint lists and libraries.  I'm facing a problem where the newer columns just don't exist in the sharepoint list i'm trying to use.  I'm trying to get them to sort it.  It feels like a static link to the table columns.

The columns appeared on the access database after refresh . The static link you are talking about could it be in the powe bi side ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be worth a check. What does it look like inside the "Edit Queries" section of your data import?  Do you have a "Delete other columns" style step that could be removing it unexpectidly?

No , but i have a Renamed Columns step after Source and Navigation steps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a look at the code beheind the query and see if it mentions specific columns in either Source or Navigation steps.  You can do this with the advanced editor button.

Here is the code i have : 

let
Source = SharePoint.Tables("/sites/MCR/Database/OPS_DATA/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"8f33ceed-9b98-4014-92c4-f0d5ed68ed19" = Source{[Id="8f33ceed-9b98-4014-92c4-f0d5ed68ed19"]}[Items]
in
#"8f33ceed-9b98-4014-92c4-f0d5ed68ed19" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if "8f33ceed-9b98-4014-92c4-f0d5ed68ed19" is the static view we were thinking of here.

Try connecting again as a new data source, just to see if you firstly get the new columns and if you get a different source string.

If you do, you could paste the new source string over the top of the old one in your code.

I don't get a new source source string  after reconnecting to the source data .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the extra columns turn up in the reconnection?

Hi 

Sorry for not answering your question early (i had some personel issues ) , and thank you for your assistance to solve my problem.

So the problem remains the same , and i would like to know how if i republish my tables (with same stracture and columns names ) in a new site , i could make power bi recognize all the columns and do the calculations correctly . I tried to do that with a test dashboard and it doesn't work .

I need to do that because the data had changed and instead of clearing on the published tables wich can cause me problems i want to replish in a new site but without hearting my dashboard requests .

@GISmorocco,

What do you mean by that republish your tables in new site? Do you create another SharePoint site? What error message or issues do you get within the test dashboard?

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My lists are published from an access database wich we update daily with access form . After the creation of the dashboard , we needed to make some changes on the databse : adding columns and deleting a lot of data and uploading other data , this modifications damaged accidentally the database and thats why i need to republish all a new dataabse in a new list , and i hope there is a way to not losing my dashboard .

Thank you 

And when i want to change the source by a new site with new tables (they have same columns name and tables names ) its gave me an error that the ID wasn't found .

@GISmorocco,

Click on your query in query editor , and check APPLIED STEPS in Query Setting panel, some steps (for example,“Renamed Columns” should make changes to the ID column, as long as you remove these steps, the error should go away.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  

I did tried that but it doesn't help . The solution i found is to republish my table in sharepoint from access  and i was able to change the source of the table by getting the id list that we can find in in the link of the sharepoint list . 

Thank you all for your helpful assistance .

HI all! I have a simillar issue. When I added 2 new columns to my excel on sharepoint, they didnt appear in powerbi. No matter how many times, Ive tried to refresh the data source, they simply didint appear. I dont have any filters for choosing/ deleting columns. There is a big bug in PowerBI system. I end up recreating a totally new excel spreadsheet, conneting to the new file and setting up all the relationships and calcutations all over agin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors