Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swentworth
Regular Visitor

Differences between Power BI browser interface and iPhone or Android access.

I am able to easily access my Power BI dashboards via my Android app but notice I do not have access to the underlying reports as I do when using a desktop or laptop web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)  Is this the way the app is suppossed to work?

Also, is anyone aware of a published list showing differences between behavior of Power BI across the various portals?  Specifically, differences between using from a tablet, smartphone, iphone, web browser, etc.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gsingh,

The April update includes report gallery fro Android 🙂

Take a look in our latest blog:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-update-april-2016/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gsingh
Frequent Visitor

.@swentworth I opened same report in iOS and as well as Android.

- I can see underlying reports in iOs but not in android, not sure if it's bug or android app has limited capability.

(In android, I have to pin whole page if I want to drill down to reports while in iOS only a visual gives us capability to access reports via a icon on top right)

Also when I drill down to reports, it's forcibily changing the orientation of all charts to landscape mode, I wish they give us option to disable that.

Still exploring, above are few observation from preliminary research.

@gsingh nice correction. Looks like I missed that update. From what I've seen / heard. The release cycle for new features will hit iOS first, android then Windows. The platforms are constantly in different states of available functionality.

edit: I have to laugh. The documentation was there, but the announcement hadn't been made yet - I thought I was going crazy. New Feature release blog post here looks like android and Windows are close behind and will have the ability as well.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

We just released the option to open a report linked to tiles on iPhone and Win 10 mobile.

Android will follow up soon (I mean really soon :))

We are aware that sometimes there is no full sync between the platforms releases and we hope to improve this in the future.

gsingh
Frequent Visitor

@RomiK Any tentative date for android release? 

Hi @gsingh,

The April update includes report gallery fro Android 🙂

Take a look in our latest blog:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-update-april-2016/

@swentworth If you are using the "PowerBI App", the current experiance for any device is seeing and interacting with the Dashboard elements only. The only way you get the full experiance is if you are logged into your account on the Service via the web. You can log in to your workspace from those devices, it just isn't geared specifically for the mobile realm, so you will need to zoom in and out etc.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors