Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Baykus
Frequent Visitor

Can't update the app

Hello

I received below error first time while I am updateing the power bi app. 

Can't update the app

There are too many items with a large amount of visuals. To update the app, remove some reports or dashboards.
Before above error it showed me a pop up message as below: 

EMEA Reporting & Insights
When you update an app that has large distribution, it might take a little while to process. Typically, the latest content will be available within 5-10 minutes, but it can take up to one day.

Could you help me how to solve?

Thanks

Nilay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Our app publishing started working again ~2 days after the issue started. We didn't change anything. Maybe just a temporary issue due to a Microsoft update? 

In any case, things appear to be back to normal.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey all,

Since this is the forum for getting help and provide feedback for the Power BI Mobile apps, I suggest to post this issue here: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app. This is where service relat...

Thanks, Maya

JMintzer
Frequent Visitor

We are seeing the exact same behavior, also starting yesterday, with an app that we have been regularly updating for over a year. I don't think any new reports were added since we last updated, and removing reports doesn't seem to help.

Our app publishing started working again ~2 days after the issue started. We didn't change anything. Maybe just a temporary issue due to a Microsoft update? 

In any case, things appear to be back to normal.

kri2024
Regular Visitor

Is that any restriction to number of visuals introduced suddenly?unable to update app

I am also facing same issue since yesterday and unable to update my PROD Power BI app. Getting below messages while updating:

vishal10306_0-1713418232992.png

After trying multiple times now getting below error messsage:

vishal10306_1-1713418312734.png

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening suddenly?

Bhupesh

I am also facing same issue since morning today. Are you able to find the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors