Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lawada
Helper III
Helper III

use power automate visual to send table visual by email in excel format

hello,

im using power bi automate to send data by email . what im trying to automate exactly: for each selected driver name ,

i want to get the total tasks done by the driver with the follwing fields : task date, early tasks,late tasks, on time tasks, total tasks, task type

so user will just filter the driver name and get the the data in the following table sent by email 

lawada_0-1644687832750.png

after i used the auomate visual. it's sending the email 3 times for each row for the selected driver name however i want the user to get the data in one email for the selected driver and i want the data to be in a table format in excel sheet. so basically user will open the the email and find the data exported in excel sheet.

3 REPLIES 3
lawada
Helper III
Helper III

users do know how to export to excel. with power automate the porcess will be less time consuming ,instead of exporting and then sending email for each time they need the data they can do that with one button with power automate

That would be nice. In reality the setup process around the Power Automate visual will be much more complex and less user friendly. It's nothing more than a klutz at the moment.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you thought about giving your users access to the report and teaching them how to export to or analyze in Excel ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.