Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Carolina120112
Regular Visitor

unable to connect data from Xero App to power BI

Hello Everyone, 

I am working in a finacial dashboard and i have had to get data from Xero APP to get information of profit and loss of my company, i have created the APP in Xero Apps ( Usinf OAuth2 ) and i have tested the app using Postman, from it, I have received a bearer token but i not sure how to make the conection in Power BI. I have tried several ways to do it and all of them have faild. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you end up getting the access? if someone can help me given me the steps or the way to do it I would appreciate it. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

To connect Power BI to Xero using the OAuth2 authentication flow, you will need to follow these steps: Open Power BI and click on "Get Data" from the Home tab. Search for "Xero" in the search bar and select the Xero connector. Select the authentication method as "OAuth2" and click on "Connect". In the "Sign in" dialog box, enter the Xero account credentials that you used to create the Xero APP. You will be redirected to the Xero authentication page where you will be prompted to grant permission to the APP to access your Xero data. Grant the permission. Once the permission is granted, you will be redirected back to Power BI and a dialog box will appear, displaying the Xero data entities that you can connect to. Select the desired entity, such as "Profit and Loss", and click on "Load" to import the data into Power BI. If you have already received the bearer token from Xero using Postman, you can use it to connect Power BI to Xero by selecting the "OAuth2" authentication method and entering the bearer token in the "Access token" field in the "Advanced" section of the Xero connector dialog box. If you are still facing issues, make sure that your Xero APP has the required permissions to access the data entities that you are trying to connect to. You can check the permissions by logging into your Xero developer account and reviewing the APP settings.

Hello Adamboer, 
thanks for you answer, however, Xero connector is not longer available in power BI home Tab,  that is why i did not do it this way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.