Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FritzVPL
Advocate II
Advocate II

Usage Reporting Solution for Power BI Embedded using app owns credentials flow

We are embedding our power BI app in the web using app owns creditials flow. I have previously asked/learned that power bi usage metrics do not support this method. See here for reference Link to previous post 

Usage analytics is very important to us, and want to know what alternatives are available since we cannot use Power BI built in usage metrics. Has anyone successfully implemented usage reporting using this method via Azure Monitor/or some other third party tool? 

Looking for any guidance or reccomendations for either something that can be done within power bi or third party tool reccomendations so we can get views by customer/page level detail usage reporting. 

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FritzVPL ,

You can create your own custom audit or usage metrics report across the entire tenant from all workspaces. You can leverage PowerShell to export the audit log into CSV, and then use that as the source of Power BI report.

For more details,Please refer to:

https://radacad.com/build-your-own-power-bi-audit-log-usage-metrics-across-the-entire-tenant 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you but my issue is not crossing multiple workspaces. It is the embed method we use that causes all of our customers to come through as a single guid making us unable to identify who is using what. See my link to previous post for more details. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.