Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanRV
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Nodejs Application

Hi all, 

I have used the PowerBI sample app NodeJS version of AppOwnsData which works and succesfully integrated to our test website unkowingly that the embedding requires the Embedded license for production and we are only planning on procurring the PPU license for our specific users in the organization therefore not needing the Embedded license.

The reason we need it would be because for each user there are certain informations each user has access to and some users has cross-access to some of this informations, and i implemented it on the Applcation already just need to modify it into a UserOwnsData App instead of AppOwnsData

Is there anyway to convert the AppOwnsData NodeJS version into an UserOwnsData Nodejs ??
if so what parts of the code should be changed on the Authentication and on the configurations .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JanRV,

Power bi embed support to use different mode to create embedded reports. Current you can't directly switch between these two modes. You need to re-create embedded report with new modes.

I check the document but not found the UserOwnsData version node.js sample, perhaps you can refer the official tutorial link which design with other programming languages and try to convert them to node.js versions:

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application for your organization - Power BI | Mic...
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JanRV,

Power bi embed support to use different mode to create embedded reports. Current you can't directly switch between these two modes. You need to re-create embedded report with new modes.

I check the document but not found the UserOwnsData version node.js sample, perhaps you can refer the official tutorial link which design with other programming languages and try to convert them to node.js versions:

Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application for your organization - Power BI | Mic...
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.