Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Suryakant_99
Regular Visitor

Power BI Report embeding failing.

Hi All,

I'm embeding power BI report in angular application, but getting some beared issue, i.e in my local system while trying to open the emebded report in angular page it was showing below error,

Suryakant_99_0-1662225490340.png

Suryakant_99_1-1662225537323.png

Where as if I deploy the same code in dev env, and open the same angular page I'm able to see the report.

It's only happening in my local system, where as if my other team member taken same code then in their local they are able to see the report in local system as well.

I tried many differnt ways like by updating "powerbi-client-angular" package but still I'm getting error while loading visuals.

So experts, I need your help or suggestion to fix this issue.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Suryakant_99,

Did this locate system able to accede to the external network? AFAIK, the current power bi embedded does not support use in the offline environment. They provide an embed iframe to load data from the power bi side.
In addition, have you changed the firewall and network policy if they block the power bi requests? You can use fiddler to trace these requests.

Add Power BI URLs to allowlist - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Fiddler Classic | Original Web Capturing Tool for Windows (telerik.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Suryakant_99
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the support and your input.

By the way the issue not due to firewall it's due to passing wrong entity Id and other paratmer to power BI.

So while fetching the enitity Id data and other parameter value it was getting null. 

Due to which the power BI report not embeding and showing this error message.

Note - Any one facing this type issue first check your firewall and if all the setting of your computer looks fine then check weather the parameter value are passing correctly or not to Power BI.

Remember if any value passing as null or undefind then your rendering will fail and you will get the same error screen which I posted on my question.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!!

- Suryakant

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Suryakant_99
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the support and your input.

By the way the issue not due to firewall it's due to passing wrong entity Id and other paratmer to power BI.

So while fetching the enitity Id data and other parameter value it was getting null. 

Due to which the power BI report not embeding and showing this error message.

Note - Any one facing this type issue first check your firewall and if all the setting of your computer looks fine then check weather the parameter value are passing correctly or not to Power BI.

Remember if any value passing as null or undefind then your rendering will fail and you will get the same error screen which I posted on my question.

Hope this helps.

Thank You!!

- Suryakant

Suryakant_99
Regular Visitor

Thanks for quick response.

I'm able to access external network, like I said earlier that in my dev env I'm able to access all the power BI report in angular application.

Do you mean anything else to access external network means.

Regarding firewall block any request, I'm not sure if my firewall blocking, could you please help me how to check if firewall block.

Hi @Suryakant_99,
>>I'm able to access external network, like I said earlier that in my dev env I'm able to access all the power BI report in angular application.

Yes, the external network means your device needs to be able to view the internet website's contents. (current power bi embedded not able to be used offline)

>>could you please help me how to check if firewall block.

In fact, you only need to turn on the fiddler classic client on your device before running the application with power bi embedded. It will trace these requests sent from your application to power bi and you can check if these requests get detailed messages if they have been blocked.

For fiddler usage and configuration, you can refer to the fiddler official document if helps:

Configure Fiddler | Fiddler Classic (telerik.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Suryakant_99,

Did this locate system able to accede to the external network? AFAIK, the current power bi embedded does not support use in the offline environment. They provide an embed iframe to load data from the power bi side.
In addition, have you changed the firewall and network policy if they block the power bi requests? You can use fiddler to trace these requests.

Add Power BI URLs to allowlist - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Fiddler Classic | Original Web Capturing Tool for Windows (telerik.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.