Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Michael_Elber

Power BI Gateway with WebDAV Folder

Dear Community

I have a problem accessing a WebDAV folder with PowerBI Gateway. In PowerBI Desktop it is working.

We use the content management system ELO to store our files.

We can access the files in ELO outside the application with a WebDAV link.

A user has built a Power BI Dashboard using a file stored in ELO. He added the WebDAV link as a networkfolder and accessed it in Power BI Desktop. This works so far.

Now we want to publish the dashboard to the cloud and add the WebDAV link to our Power BI Gateway.

I addeed the WebDAV Link on the Gateway Server as a Network drive. I added it under the service account the gateway is running with. I can see the the network drive and access the data.

On app.powerbi.com I tried to add a new Datasource to my gateway. I used the type Folder like the user did in Power BI Desktop. As Path I use the network drive letter I created before.

Now I get the Error: Connection can not be established. Details: 

gsz-prd-mis-01: File or Folder: We couldn't find the folder 'L:\*'.

ActivityId: 945fa564-5078-4970-9a68-fbb6f8924a4b RequestId: d851879f-a0ec-4d44-8d70-2823737c6efa

Cluster-URI: https://api.powerbi.com Statuscode: 400

The other networkdrives on this computer can be accessed with the gateway. I only have this problem with the WebDAV network drive.

Thank you for reading. I would highly apreciate if someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong or what I could try next.

Thank you and best Regards,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Michael_Elber,

I think these should be related to the network driver connection and verifications. Did this WebDAV folder require additional authorizations? If that is the case, these verifications may not recognized or compatible with gateway connection and requires.

I'd like to suggest you setting anonymous verification on that folder and try again. BTW, please also check the folder connection status to confirm they are linked within stable network or they may effect power bi connections.
For 400 error you can refer to the following document to know more about this:

400 Bad Request - HTTP | MDN (mozilla.org)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try your suggestion with the anonymous verification.

The network drive is connected and should be stable. On the gateway server directly I can access the folder and its content.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.