Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrhodes
Regular Visitor

Power BI Embedded Workspaces

In Power BI Embedded we can create Workspaces through the API. This creates a Workspace ID. Is there a way to also provide a friendly name to the Workspace. We are looking to use Power BI embedded as an ISV so each Client would have their own Workspace. It would be helpful from a management perspective to be able to list the workspaces by the Friendly name as there could be thousands of them. It would be a challenge to keep track of which workspace goes with what client otherwise. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations regarding this?

Thanks

mrhodes

3 REPLIES 3
kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I looked in Ideas, and I found this, which is related.

And I posted a comment to expand on it, saying it should include using the Azure Portal to manage Workspaces.

Go there and vote for it!

Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

We also required this functionality.

KirkNason
Frequent Visitor

Totally agree with this comment,  even have just a few gets very confusing.   Also If you could build a nice Workspace explorer tool that would be great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.