Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newbie_but_conf
Helper II
Helper II

PBI Embedding test user not working

Hi,

We have a A1 capacity for testing and a A2 capacity for production.

I have recently been put in charge of our embedding solution. Been going through this now and appears that every solution is using the production method. 

We have created a macro on our website and with this all we have to insert is the ApplicationID, GroupID and ReportID. 

We have workspaces test and production. test have assigned the test service principal and the workspace is assigned to using test capacity. 
I've tried changing the inputs to using our test application id from my test workspace. The report does not load at all and is just blank. However, when I add the prod service principal to the test workspace it works just fine with the ApplicationID for my test application. 

My question is if anyone knows what could possibly be wrong and do I use the test embedding sku even when I add my production service principal.

Sorry if my question is somewhat badly setup, but I'm very new to embedding and trying to learn how all of this is put together. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newbie_but_conf,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at following link about embed power bi content with service principal limits if they meet to your scenarios:

Embed Power BI content in an embedded analytics application with service principal and an applicatio...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newbie_but_conf,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at following link about embed power bi content with service principal limits if they meet to your scenarios:

Embed Power BI content in an embedded analytics application with service principal and an applicatio...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.