Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobWally

New to Power BI: Connecting Xero & Payal Payment Systems

Hi there,

From my basic understanding we would be best setting up some type of data warehouse, connecting the other areas of the business into that via their APIs, and then connecting the data from the data warehouse into Power BI to create the reports?

3 REPLIES 3
slev1111n

I consider the use of modern payment systems and various financial platforms a necessity for modern businesses if you want to avoid problems with reporting and financial management. First of all, I advise you to check out Wallester , which provides including white label card issuing. Thanks to the adapted application you will be able to seamlessly track all company expenses, including those of employees, as well as quickly calculate and pay salaries, processing up to 1500 payments at a time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Acterys has turnkey solutions for Xero and Strip. I don't use them and I don't work for Acterys but might be something worth looking at.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Be aware that Power BI is only a reporting solution. It is not the system of record for anything. Do not attempt to use it for data storage, for example - use a proper data warehouse (based on MongoDB or Azure technology)

From my basic understanding we would be best setting up some type of data warehouse, connecting the other areas of the business into that via their APIs, and then connecting the data from the data warehouse into Power BI to create the reports?

yep.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.