Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pirand92

Integrate PowerBI with .NET Web Application to export Report as PDF

Hi everyone,

I'm developing, in my company, a .NET Web Application and we need to print a report with information taken from DB SqlServer.

I see there is an API for Power BI to export a report as PDF, but what I was wondering is: "is there any way to send dataset for report from the application to Power BI?".

Thanks for your attention.

3 REPLIES 3
Pirand92

Thanks both of you, I appreciate your answers.

@lbendlin indeed I suggested to my company to use SSRS but they told me it's not possible because some issues with license (I didn't deep in)

@v-yiruan-msft I saw that guide but I'm seeing that Power BI is not designed to work as SSRS, I found some workarounds to do that but it's extremely complicated and not much reliable

I think the best solution is make that on server-side by using OpenXml with a template.

Thanks everyone

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pirand92 ,

You are developing a .NET web application that uses SQL Server as the database, and you want to send the database information used in this .NET application to Power BI to create reports and then export them to PDF files? If so, you can refer to the following steps to achieve.
1. Connect to SQL Server from Power BI Desktop

yingyinr_3-1647846384535.png

2. Data transformation

3. Create report
4. Export to PDF

yingyinr_2-1647846191095.png

If my above understanding is wrong, please correct me. And please provide more details on your desired result. Thank you.

Export Power BI report to file

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What prevents you from printing the PDF directly from SQL Server or SSRS?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.