Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

acharalamby
Regular Visitor

Getting data from trello

I am making a call to the Trello API, trying to get information contained in the Trello card,
I am mainly interested in knowing the date this card was born. I am making the call from Power Bi and
I have it connected through the web with a Json file, do not download the file, it is linked to Trello.
Do you know if there is the correct way to do this? I have tried in various ways and none have been able to obtain this information.
https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/cards?key=AppKey&token=AccessToken

This call is supposed to return the information of the cards that I have access to, but when I do the query it returns an empty array. Please if you know how to solve it, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acharalamby 

Do you use this url: https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/cards?key=AppKey&token=AccessToken to connect to Trello API? 

Firsly, make sure Trello supports Rest API, then make sure the URL you use is correct and it is used to call the information of the cards. If all is correct, follow this blog: Using a REST API as a data source

It seems that you connect to this API successfully, and it will return Json. Some results of API will return Json File. You need to transform the Json file to Power BI Table. After table transformation, you will get the information of the cards.

For reference:

Converting JSON data into PowerBI table

Using Power BI with JSON Data Sources and Files

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acharalamby 

Do you use this url: https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/cards?key=AppKey&token=AccessToken to connect to Trello API? 

Firsly, make sure Trello supports Rest API, then make sure the URL you use is correct and it is used to call the information of the cards. If all is correct, follow this blog: Using a REST API as a data source

It seems that you connect to this API successfully, and it will return Json. Some results of API will return Json File. You need to transform the Json file to Power BI Table. After table transformation, you will get the information of the cards.

For reference:

Converting JSON data into PowerBI table

Using Power BI with JSON Data Sources and Files

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

acharalamby
Regular Visitor

Estimados,

Estoy realizando una llamada a la API de Trello, intentando obtener información contenida en la tarjeta de Trello, principalmente me interesa conocer la fecha en que nació esta tarjeta.  La llamada la estoy realizando desde Power Bi y lo tengo conectado a través de la web con un archivo Json, no descargue el archivo, este está enlazado con Trello. Saben si existe la forma correcta de hacer esto? Lo he intentado de diversas formas y ninguna ha logrado obtener esta información.

https://api.trello.com/1/members/me/cards?key=AppKey&token=AccessToken

Esta llamada se supone debe devolver la información de las tarjetas a las que tengo acceso, pero cuando realizo la consulta devuelve una matriz vacía.  

Por favor si saben como resolver se los agradeceria mucho. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.