Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexanderg
Advocate II
Advocate II

Embed Power BI Report in HTML Page Using API

Hi Everyone!

I am Trying to embed a Power BI report in an HTML page, now I know how to create the basic code to embed the report in an iframe using html with javascript, but the problem is that I couldn't automate the process to generate and refresh the access token in the backend. I was considering making the authentication process using ADAL JS. Anyone has experience in this?, or if someone have any other solution is welcome. What is the best way? Excuse my little knowledge, but I am not a developer Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexanderg : Have you embed your HTML PAge on PowerBI Page OR Report. Is this possible. Kindly share the steps if you have done this.

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes it is possible now. After you publish your dataset to Power BI service, go to power BI service and login.

In there go to reports section and there got to File > Publish to Web.

This will generate js code for you and you can embed the js code.

For example we did it for Customised Waterfall chart on our website as below :

Custom Waterfall Displayed on Web Page

Is there a way to automate the publishing of an HTML output from a dataset without a human interacting with the PowerBI interface (select, execute, extract, embed, publish), for instance, a pull; running a command from the target to publish current values?

Is there a way, to automate a PULL from a dataset, so that these can be published without a human involved (select, execute, extract, paste, deploy)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.