Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSchultz93
Frequent Visitor

Email using a button in power BI

Hello, 

Is it possible to send an email, with filter selections by just pressing a button in Power BI?

I don't want to use a hyperlink that takes me to Outlook, it should be sent automatically. I don't want to use Power Automations or Power Apps either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MSchultz93 ,

As far as I know, apart from Power Automate or Power Apps, Power BI does not currently support using a button to send an email that includes the state of the selected filter in any other way. Power Automate or Power Apps provide the necessary integration to automatically send an email containing the desired content.

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you don’t need to create a button to send emails, you can consider the subscription feature for dashboards and reports in Power BI. This will send an email to the recipient, and although it does not involve clicking a button in Power BI, it allows for regular email updates

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can use the REST API to export a report containing the current filter selection, and then use a script to send an email

Reports - Export Report - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

How to use Power BI Rest API to export the Power B... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MSchultz93 ,

As far as I know, apart from Power Automate or Power Apps, Power BI does not currently support using a button to send an email that includes the state of the selected filter in any other way. Power Automate or Power Apps provide the necessary integration to automatically send an email containing the desired content.

Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you don’t need to create a button to send emails, you can consider the subscription feature for dashboards and reports in Power BI. This will send an email to the recipient, and although it does not involve clicking a button in Power BI, it allows for regular email updates

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can use the REST API to export a report containing the current filter selection, and then use a script to send an email

Reports - Export Report - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

How to use Power BI Rest API to export the Power B... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.