Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kky1
Helper II
Helper II

Edit a MS Forms streaming dataset to Power BI

Hello - I created a MS Forms and Power BI dashboard with a direct connection via the API to the MS Form responses dataset. Recently, the office hosting this MS Form made changes to the form that is now affecting the data to look wonky in slicers etc. because they have multiple choice questions and included commas in the response, which is separating the categories incorrectly. 

I now need to edit the streaming dataset that I set up initially so that the data comes through accurately, but I cannot figure out how to do this. All my searches show how to set this up but not how to edit or update the connection. If I create a new API connection to the form, I'm afraid it will lose all the historical responses which is not helpful. Can anyone assist with my question?

@kky1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You're out of luck with this one.  You can only push rows into a streaming dataset.  You cannot modify any of the data once loaded/pushed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kky1
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for letting me know - you at least saved me the time to keep investigating if this was possible. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You're out of luck with this one.  You can only push rows into a streaming dataset.  You cannot modify any of the data once loaded/pushed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.