Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

karma123
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamic Report link in email with filters

Hi all, 

I have a power bi report which is a table view of data. In this I have two columns the Division and User, 

I would like to send a daily email a link of the report to each user filtered for just their data.

I would like to send a weekly email a link of the report to each Division lead.

Is there a dynamic way to do this, so I only dont have to create a link for each user as they will change depending on the data in the report.

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @karma123 ,

Firstly, if you want to restrict the data based on user, you can try dynamic rls in Power BI.

For reference: Dynamic Row Level Security with Power BI Made Simple

Then you can configure email subscriptions for your report in Power BI Service. 

Subscribe yourself and others to Power BI reports, dashboards, and paginated reports. You receive an email on a schedule you set. The email contains a snapshot and link to the report or dashboard or a full attachment of the report or dashboard. 

For reference: 

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @karma123 

I am not sure why you want to use separate Link for users.
One Power BI link serve your purpose if you add the Dynamic Row Level security (so users can see data only they have access)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphj40tBPD8 

Appreciate your KUDOS 👍 and if solved, mark as SOLUTION

Thanks for this, 

Is there then a way to automatically send the link daily to the users via email if their is data against their name so they can easily check this?

Thanks a lot 

Hi @karma123 
You can create a dashboard top of the report and then you can use Data Alert 
Find the article - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-set-data-alerts

Or 
Use Power Automate to send alert to users (when data cross the limit or their are data for users)
In Power Automate, Power Bi connectors or email connetors are free to use if you and users have Power BI Pro license.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-flow-integration 
Please search Youtube video for same, there are many video available

If solve your question, mark as SOLUTION. Appreciate your KUDOS 👍

Thanks a lot, 

Is there a way to create an alert based on a column in a table view ?

Hi @karma123 

Please use Power Automate

Thanks 🙂

For Power Automate is there a way to get the email list of users from the table itself?

As the Users change daily

Also is there a way to send the users the Power BI link without having to export the report when using power automate?

Hi @karma123 ,

Firstly, if you want to restrict the data based on user, you can try dynamic rls in Power BI.

For reference: Dynamic Row Level Security with Power BI Made Simple

Then you can configure email subscriptions for your report in Power BI Service. 

Subscribe yourself and others to Power BI reports, dashboards, and paginated reports. You receive an email on a schedule you set. The email contains a snapshot and link to the report or dashboard or a full attachment of the report or dashboard. 

For reference: 

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors