Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automating the refresh

Hi,

I have a dataset in my power Bi report. where a table has to be refreshed on a particular day and all other have to be refreshed everyday. Can someone please help , how can I fix this?

After making it in power Bi desktop i have to publish it on service and then the refresh should be automated.

please help, it is very  urgent for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Learn about using TMSL scripts to selectively refresh individual partitions in your dataset.  You can schedule these queries with SSIS or Powershell . Not sure if it can be done in Power Automate.

Trigger a single table to refresh in the Power BI Service – Data – Marc (data-marc.com)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

AFAIK, current power bi service schedule refresh feature does not support accurately config each data table refresh.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest nested multiple refresh mode data table in one report and setting the schedule refresh. These refresh schedules will apply to the corresponding available type of data tables and the not matched other tables will use their own refresh methods.

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

BTW, you can also consider refreshing lbendlin's suggestion if you are familiar with these external tools usages.
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Learn about using TMSL scripts to selectively refresh individual partitions in your dataset.  You can schedule these queries with SSIS or Powershell . Not sure if it can be done in Power Automate.

Trigger a single table to refresh in the Power BI Service – Data – Marc (data-marc.com)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.