Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

API REST Update Dataset Settings

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem:

I am using Azure DevOps to create a pipeline in Power BI service.
I use the Power BI Automation Tools extension + PowerShell Scripts + Power BI Rest API

However, I am not able to update my dataset settings.

I would like to be able to automatically retrieve the id of my dataset and then add it to the following REST API:

POST https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets/IdDataset/Default.UpdateParameters

Does anyone have an idea or can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Charline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, you can get the id of your dataset, then you need to understand these restrictions below.
The parameter types Any and Binary can't be updated for some security reasons. Please check the parameter's type.

Parameters names are case-sensitive. Please check if the name in request body.

And please check the there are some limitations on power bi dataset. For more details you can refer this link.

Datasets - Update Parameters In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Or what is message of the responses when you try update parameters?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, you can get the id of your dataset, then you need to understand these restrictions below.
The parameter types Any and Binary can't be updated for some security reasons. Please check the parameter's type.

Parameters names are case-sensitive. Please check if the name in request body.

And please check the there are some limitations on power bi dataset. For more details you can refer this link.

Datasets - Update Parameters In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Or what is message of the responses when you try update parameters?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.