Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

week ending date day in wrong order help

I have a date table 

and week ending date

week ending = 'Date'[Date]+(7-'Date'[weekdaynumber])

which works great

what I need to do is add the Day that rolls up to the weekending date under the weekending date, but it's getting ordered incorrectly, Ideally I would show weekending July 3rd, day 27, 28, 29, 30, 1,2,3

dates help 1.JPGdates help 2.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , As the Only day does not have a month with it, you will not be able to set a sort column as weekend date.

But full dates like 3rd July 2021 (if formatted, mark week end date as sort column) , should sort correctly

How to Create Sort Column and Solve Related Errors: https://youtu.be/KK1zu4MBb-c

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , As the Only day does not have a month with it, you will not be able to set a sort column as weekend date.

But full dates like 3rd July 2021 (if formatted, mark week end date as sort column) , should sort correctly

How to Create Sort Column and Solve Related Errors: https://youtu.be/KK1zu4MBb-c

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the route I was going down, working on figuring out a column to sort the day on now

alternativly it works if I add month in above day from my regular date hierarchy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.