Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

xiumi_hou
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

urgent help need

Hi Everyone, 

I'd like to quickly ask how to retain the current state when drilling back.

For example, I have a long table, and after scrolling down and drilling through to another page, I'd like to return to the original page and see the same information (with the table still scrolled down) instead of the default view. My table is very long, so it's challenging to locate the previous information again.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xiumi_hou ,

I think you can use bookmarks, I create a table as you mentioned.

vyilongmsft_0-1715130772777.png

Then I create a bookmark and put it in the buttons.

vyilongmsft_1-1715130942107.png

vyilongmsft_2-1715130992670.png

Finally you will get what you want.

vyilongmsft_3-1715131085582.pngvyilongmsft_4-1715131107736.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply... I mean.... for exmaple... if a table is very long..... I scroll down my table to look at the bottom.. .when I drill back use the button.. .I want the preivsouly page table still to show at the bottom.. not to back to the standard bookmark I created... 

Hi @xiumi_hou ,

I think if you want to go back to the original page and keeping the slider still is not currently possible in Power BI because the underlying internal logic is to go back to the top of the slider by default.

vyilongmsft_0-1715233926505.png

vyilongmsft_1-1715233960044.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there a solution for this? Or an alternative solution? For exmple i have a matrix table expand and I would like the matrix to still be expand

Hi @xiumi_hou ,

If there is no wheel on the page, all these actions can be solved by the Bookmark I mentioned earlier, but if there is a wheel, Power BI Desktop does not have this feature so that the return remains in its original position.

vyilongmsft_0-1715324133143.png

Of course, if you need this feature badly, I recommend posting your ideas on the Idea platform, here's the link to Idea: Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.