Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MarcUrdang
Post Patron
Post Patron

undefined

Hi

Seems like this might be quite complex .. I have a table with sequential dates with a value that is accumulative for many dates .. reaching into months as below .. I want to compare month on month and year on year so I have the following calc which works for the last date in the view .. in this case for Feb.... 

calculate(GP[GP ABS], GP[Date] = max(GP[Date]))   

or this one also works ....

VAR _date = LASTNONBLANK(GP[Date],0)    RETURN  CALCULATE(SUM(GP[DR/(CR) In Period]),FILTER('GP',GP[Date] >= _date))

but now I want another calc showing a value for January22 which would be 1200    

I then need to also show it for 12 month back showing month on month which if I get the above correct will be easy

any thoughts?

01/01/2022 1000

03/01/2022 1200 (200 added on the 3rd)

07/02/2022 800

15/02/2022 1200 (400 added on the 15th)

etc

etc

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to assist you. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.