Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

art12345
Frequent Visitor

Can't find Area chart Total label density option

Hi all, 

I have a stacked area chart with two data lines. I managed to find the data label density for the individual lines but I cannot find a way to change the density of the Total labels (I want to match it with the individual line lable density). Is there a smart way of doing this?

Many thanks, 
Arthur

1 REPLY 1
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @art12345 

In Power BI, Total labels for stacked charts, including area charts, are designed to display the aggregate or total value of the data points in a series. However, the customization options for Total labels, specifically in terms of density, are not as granular as those available for individual data labels. This limitation is primarily due to the way Total labels are calculated and rendered, aiming to provide a clear and concise summary of the data.

Here are a couple of suggestions that might help you achieve a more harmonized visual appearance between your individual line labels and Total labels:

1. Adjust the Chart Size and Zoom: Sometimes, making the visual larger or zooming in can improve the clarity and spacing of labels, including Total labels. This doesn't directly change the label density but can affect the overall readability.

2. Customize Data Labels and Total Labels: While direct control over Total label density isn't available, you can experiment with the formatting options for both Data labels and Total labels. Adjusting font size, color, and display options might help achieve a visually balanced outcome. 

3. Consider Alternative Visualization Types: If matching the label density is critical for your analysis, you might explore alternative visualization types that offer more flexibility in label customization. For example, a combination of line and bar charts might provide a different way to present your data with more control over label appearance.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.