Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to schedule refresh, cannot connect to the mashup data source

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with schedualed refresh, and it comes with the error 

Capture.PNG

but once I refresh everything on my desk, it works fine. Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I think by saying "assign database direct;y" they might mean replacing a referenced query with the actual DB Connection.

I see that you are appending one of your queries with the other query. May be that could also cause the issue....

Solution 1:

By any chance if your are appending your sql table with the query having excel data directly, then change it like Append as new query. i.e. Your Excel Query will be there, SQL Query will also be there. When you append these, you create a new query that will contain the appended result set.

This might solve your issue!!!

If the above one does not fix the issue, try the below solution.

Solution 2:

We came across one similar issue like yours. But that was solved by importing source data from excel files into the report. Then we created a reference for it which we used to append with the SQL Table.

May be this could be able to solve your issue.

Let us know once you try these...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By any chance your report using multiple data sources in the same report?

If so, you will have to create connection of each of the data sources in your gateway. Also from what we can understand from the error is Power BI Service is not able to combine the data of the queries. This might be because of authentication issue also

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the data sources are from Oracle and also some local files. And also yes, I do create the connection of all souces in gateway, but the error still there.  

Hi @Anonymous,

Make sure you are on the latest gateway.  And please refer to this similar thread: Cannot connect to the mashup data source.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read the similar thread, but I do not understand assign database directly in source step , so my sources are coming from Oracle and local excel file, but I do have a table that the source is =#"other table" , could this be the problem?

Thanks

Hi,

I think by saying "assign database direct;y" they might mean replacing a referenced query with the actual DB Connection.

I see that you are appending one of your queries with the other query. May be that could also cause the issue....

Solution 1:

By any chance if your are appending your sql table with the query having excel data directly, then change it like Append as new query. i.e. Your Excel Query will be there, SQL Query will also be there. When you append these, you create a new query that will contain the appended result set.

This might solve your issue!!!

If the above one does not fix the issue, try the below solution.

Solution 2:

We came across one similar issue like yours. But that was solved by importing source data from excel files into the report. Then we created a reference for it which we used to append with the SQL Table.

May be this could be able to solve your issue.

Let us know once you try these...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I used the same solution to figure out the problem, your suggested solutions helps a lot. 

I have also found a site that gives you the details of how to solve the problem and why doing that, but using the same idea.

https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/03/11/power-query-errors-please-rebuild-this-data-combination/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.