Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

tooltip on text of chart - x-axis

Hello,
I have a stacked column chart.
X-Axis is showing field1 values which is fine.
When I hover over the bars, I get a tooltip of field3 which is good. Field3 is legend also.
Question.
Because some bars are very short, I am unable to click on the bar to see tooltip of field3 but I would like to be able to click on the x-axis texts for each bar and see a tooltip of field3. How can I do this please?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your first question, you try to modify the 'Scale type' property.

1b.PNG2b.PNG

For your second question, you try to use the picture shown below.

3b.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not very clear, You can give start value and end value , to make sure they are bigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you see in screenshot attached, there is a column chart. 

Question is on the default tooltip.
At present, hovering over the texts in the x-axis, the tooltip just shows the text.
If hovering on one of the tall bars, the tooltip shows the three fields i.e. field1, field2, field3

But the issue is :

1-

Can not hover over the very short bars and so no tooltip, therefore to make the short bars to look taller, is there a way to make the chart to have something like a break line where it splits the tall one to half or something like that so that short bars look taller?

Thank youchart-screenshot.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your first question, you try to modify the 'Scale type' property.

1b.PNG2b.PNG

For your second question, you try to use the picture shown below.

3b.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only see one scale Type option which is Linear

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the other question is, how can I make the x-axis in order of ID in table because at present, it is orderd by value of the bars? thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.