Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

romovaro
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

table with columns with different filters

HI All,

I have a question regarding using different filters in one table.

Client NameProject HealthTotal BacklogTotal at RiskAgeing
Client 1Red $                            1.784.836 $                             716.306Between 9 and 12 months
Client 2Red $                                504.269 $                             480.405Between 12 and 24 months
Client 3Red $                                399.707 $                             316.547Between 9 and 12 months
Client 4Red $                                178.900 $                             152.270Between 3 and 6 months
Client 5Red $                                254.449 $                             136.118

Between 9 and 12 months

I have a table with 2 columns (total Backlog) and (Total at risk) using the same USD values.

Total at Risk is when the column "Ops Forecast & Actuals" is 01/12/3000 and the column project Health is ReD. 

The problem I have is with the total Backlog Column. It's the same table and we use the same USD colum but I need Ops Forecast & actuals to include different dates and Project Health can be (green, Yellow, Orange, Red, tbd..)

Any idea how can include both columns in the same table?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @romovaro ,

Based on your example I do no see one of the columns you refer the Ops Forecast & Actuals, also what is exactly you want to calculate? You want to return the total amount for the backlog and risk based on the filters you refer?

Can you please explain better and if possible please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Felix. thanks for your message. My problem is between de column called Total Backlog and Total at Risk. Both columns use the field (USD) as a main data.

But one of the columns needs to have filter: (Total at Risk)

- Column "Ops Forecast & Actuals" = 01/12/3000

- Column project Health is ReD.

And the other column needs to have the filter

- Column "Ops Forecast & Actuals" = ALL (except 01/01/2050)

- Column project Health is ALL

I have applied filters for this visual to see the Top10 - Total at risk. (Ops 01/12/3000 and Project health Red)

My question is: Can I add again the USD field in the table but apply (for that column) another filter?

romovaro_0-1637316558003.png

Robert

Hi @romovaro ,

Since you are having the same column to make the filtering your result is not getting what you need. In this case you need to use a measure to make the filtering work.

Only question I have is if you need to have that filtering of the Ops Forecast & actuals to be different selections, meaning does the user needs to select anything or can the user not have any intervention with that filter.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Felix,

THe idea of the table is to see the TOP 10 projects at risk (that's why the main filter use in this table is Ops Forecast & Actuals" = 01/12/3000 + Column project Health is ReD.) The user doesn't need to interact with the filters. 

THe plan is to have an extra column showing the total backlog in USD for this client just to see the relation between the total in USD and the total at risk in USD.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.