Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

synchronize visuals inter-page

Hello,

I currently have a table visual with the tooltip option. It's cool but the tooltip doesn't allow to scroll inside it. So I would like to create a visual in another page that would synchronize with my selection in my table visual on the first page. I heard about a button that would send the user to the second page with the new visual filtered according to the selection of the first. I can't find a tutorial on the internet. Do you have a link or just the steps to follow please. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you are looking for drill thru and using a button, read more here

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if my post helps you a little? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution as well.😀

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank guys 🙂 

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As @parry2k  said, you may learn about Drill-through feature——With drillthrough in Power BI reports, you can create a page in your report that focuses on a specific entity such as a supplier, customer, or manufacturer. When your report readers use drillthrough, they right-click a data point in other report pages, and drill through to the focused page to get details that are filtered to that context. You can also create a button that drills through to details when they click it.

Here are some points provided in the Microsoft documentation,please kindly refer to:

Create a drillthrough button in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

And this blog share the steps in detail,please kindly refer to:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5910/power-bi-drill-through-example/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you are looking for drill thru and using a button, read more here

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.