Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vrv
Helper II
Helper II

subscription error

hi all,

I am getting this error message as a separate email with this content in the body:

============

There was an error with your subscription "Rejected Invoices Counts by Month" but we still delivered it
You are receiving this email because there was an error with a subscription to Power BI Report "rpt_xxx" created by you.

The error while creating the subscription was:
EmailSubscriptionScreenshotVisualError
Visual errors were encountered while rendering the artifact. This subscription was delivered to recipients, however one or more visuals may be missing.
Fields that need to be fixed : Something's wrong with one or more fields: (Samples) MonthYearName

You can check the latest state of the report by clicking in the button below.
Your next subscription is scheduled for January 5, 2023 18:00 UTC.

View content >

Technical Information
Activity Id: b63cc778-7121-4f2b-8acb-a46b6d1f2d33
Request Id: c1b60377-8587-4ad5-b8b5-4b79618c83e3
Cluster Name: WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Subscription Start Time: January 4, 2023 0:00 UTC
Subscription End Time: January 4, 2024 0:00 UTC

Now

1. clicking the View content button opens a browser window where the report is rendered as expected

2. there is no MonthYearName field in the report as far as I can tell

3. there are no visuals missing

What could be the reason for getting this error?

ANybody, any idea?

Thanks,

vrv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vrv
Helper II
Helper II

For whever is interested,

the issue was solved after noticing that underneath a text box there was another visual for a button that was completely covered. Even though that visual had no action associated to it, was part of no bookmark or affected the report in any way, Power BI Destop decided to complain about it.

The annoying fact is that for some reason it cannot issue a correct error message and pushes some generic field name that does not make any sense.

I believe that the button visual was part of some generic template and I neglected to delete EVERYTHING that I did not end up using.

Thanks,

vrv

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
E_Dahlstrom
Regular Visitor

After trying all the suggestions I could find in the forum I'm still getting this error.

There was an error with your subscription "Merchandizing" but we still delivered itYou are receiving this email because there was an error with a subscription to Power BI Report "Sample Merchandising Promise Date Changes" created by you. 

EmailSubscriptionScreenshotVisualErrorVisual errors were encountered while rendering the artifact. This subscription was delivered to recipients, however one or more visuals may be missing.Fields that need to be fixed : Something's wrong with one or more fields: (Work Orders) COMMENT_DATE, (Work Orders) COMMENT, (Work Orders) USER_NAME, (Work Orders) COMMENT 

You can check the latest state of the report by clicking in the button below.

The fields in question (Work Orders) COMMENT_DATE, (Work Orders) COMMENT, (Work Orders) USER_NAME, (Work Orders) COMMENT, in the very early stages of the build were all put in one SQL for a massive 'Work Orders' Table. I wasn't able to use things this way, so I went back to SQL, and split up the tables, creating one 'Work Orders' table, and one 'Comments' table. I didn't over write the Work Orders table, but deleted it from the model, and then re imported giving the new table the same name 'Work Orders' and an  all new "Comments" table. I did have one visual that used the (Work Orders) COMMENT_DATE, (Work Orders) COMMENT, (Work Orders) USER_NAME, (Work Orders) COMMENT fields, but I deleted it, and started over. I completed and published my report yesterday, and this message started immediately after creating subscriptions to the report. 

I have:

checked that there are no hidden visuals.

checked that there are no measures that included those field names. (actually have no measures at all.)

checked that any splits/merges/new columns didn't include those field names

Deleted the Data Set from the environment, and re published. 

I'm still getting the same error message. 

Any Idea's? 

vrv
Helper II
Helper II

For whever is interested,

the issue was solved after noticing that underneath a text box there was another visual for a button that was completely covered. Even though that visual had no action associated to it, was part of no bookmark or affected the report in any way, Power BI Destop decided to complain about it.

The annoying fact is that for some reason it cannot issue a correct error message and pushes some generic field name that does not make any sense.

I believe that the button visual was part of some generic template and I neglected to delete EVERYTHING that I did not end up using.

Thanks,

vrv

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @vrv ,

Have you changed the field names or table names in your power bi desktop file, which may have caused the underlying data set to change.

The error message concerns a column named MonthYearName, which is not in your data model. To resolve this issue, you should delete your service dataset and then republish your pbix file.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft,

thank you for your reply but I haven't change any field or table names. Actually this is what I checked first.

I found the issue and I will reply to the main thread,

Regards,

vrv

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.