Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rolling sum by item with filter conditions

Hi all, 
I'm trying to create a calculated column that calculates the rolling sum for each item code depending on conditions:

- the sum from 5 weeks in the past up to the current week ( week <= current week -5)

- column source = Backlog / Transfer Out

- the year = current year

I have tried all the ways of using SUMX but I only get a unique value for all the column wich is not what I'm looking for:

jorge_marquez_0-1638380295909.png

the measure that I'm using is this one.

available stock (trial)=
SUMX(FILTER(
'RAW_DATA',
'RAW_DATA'[ITEM_CODE] = EARLIER('RAW_DATA'[ITEM_CODE]) && 'RAW_DATA'[WEEK] <= WEEKNUM(TODAY())-5 && ('RAW_DATA'[SOURCE] = "Backlog" || 'RAW_DATA'[SOURCE]= "Transfer Out")),RAW_DATA[Sum_QUANTITY])

what i'm doing wrong ?

thanks ! 
Jorge 
5 REPLIES 5
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did my solution solve your problem? If yes, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, if you want to calculate the rolling sum value, and your sample data are arranged by date, you should add a condition in your formula.

'RAW_DATA'[Date] <= MAX ( 'RAW_DATA'[Date] )

Is this your expected result?

vkalyjmsft_0-1638867370822.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Thank you for your replay.

It is actually filtered by <= number of week in my first sample of code. I had no efect on my calculation

'RAW_DATA'[SEMANA] <= WEEKNUM(TODAY())-5

Hi @Anonymous ,

So what value do you want the "available stock (trial)" get, is this your expected outcome?

vkalyjmsft_0-1639476586945.png

Best Regards,

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. Please show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.