Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Neil_Cooper
Helper I
Helper I

"The Model doesn't have a named expression named xxxx" Refresh issue for measures table

Hi Everyone

I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue?  I have attempted to refresh a report this morning which no changes to the underlyning datasets but have recieved an error message stating "The Model doesn't have a named expression named xxxx" this is referencing my measures table.

I really hope there is a fairly simple way around this as there is a lot of measures here and it would take days to write them all again.

Neil_Cooper_0-1593425235052.png

Many thanks in advance

Neil

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Neil_Cooper 

Please try to disable the "enhanced dataset metadata" feature and check if the issue still persist. Click File > Options and settings > options > preview features, and then deselect the Store datasets using enhanced metadata format checkbox, as shown in the following image. You can review this thread for full details.

08.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Thank you so much for the reply, sadly this hasn't worked. If you have any other ideas/suggestions please do let me know.

Best wishes

Neil

This video shows how you can solve it: 

https://youtu.be/jp0-ryvw9EM

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.