Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asantanah

pie chart display information percentages (%)

Please I need pie chart showing the information percentages ( %). I do not know how to do it?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @asantanah,

first of all...your data type?

Because you can set the type on "Percentage" (like show in this screenshot)

piechart_percentage (1).png

(for do this you have to select the data column)

After that, in the pie chart you have 2 options:

1) in "Detail Labels" you can set the "Label Style" on "both" (to show category and data)

piechart_percentage (2).png

2) in "Detail Labels" you can set the "Label Style" on "Data Value" (to show only data) and the set "Legend" to "On" (to pair columns and colours.

piechart_percentage (3).png

Let me know if it works.

#I'M Not An Expert#

No it's not , I'm trying to get my database shows everything in numbers. The pie chart should give the numbers in porcentaceje but useless the Pie Chart

Ex:

(%) pbi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asantanah if you ask how to show the percentage in a pie chart, you might be misunderstood. In the future give this example from the beginning. My mistake for not understanding what you were searching.

@fso and @austinsense gave you the right answers.

Have a good coding.

Hi,
I believe your scenario is you have absolute numbers but you want them to display as percentages?
I would create two separate measures:  [Absolute Numbers] and [Percentages].
In it's simplest form, it works like this:
(beware that I am using a European version, so you probably have to use a comma instead of the semicolon in the percentages measure)

pie_perct.PNG

austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The only thing I would add is that you should use the DIVIDE function ...

Percentages = DIVIDE([Absolute Numbers], CALCULATE([Absolute Numbers], ALL( Teams[Team])))

DIVIDE is a little bit better because it will help you avoid a divide by zero error if that ever happens in your dataset.

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.