Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomT131
Frequent Visitor

one or more calculation groups need to be manually refreshed

Hi,

I am getting the following message each time I open pbip file "one or more calculation groups need to be manually refreshed"

It is one calculation group in particular that is causing this (the last one added), and each time the sorting of calculation items has to be resorted.
Anyone with same issue?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomT131
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tangjie-msft,

Thanks for getting back to me, I did work through your list of suggestions but this did not seem to resolve the issue either.
Additionally there was an "Field List item has error" on each of the calculatons items described in my original post.

For consistency I ended up adding quotation marks like so 'table1'[column1] around table names for these particular calculations items and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks very much,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomT131
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tangjie-msft,

Thanks for getting back to me, I did work through your list of suggestions but this did not seem to resolve the issue either.
Additionally there was an "Field List item has error" on each of the calculatons items described in my original post.

For consistency I ended up adding quotation marks like so 'table1'[column1] around table names for these particular calculations items and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks very much,

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomT131 ,

Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

1.Check Calculation Group Dependencies:
- Ensure that the calculation group causing the issue doesn't have any dependencies on other calculation groups or measures. Sometimes, interdependencies can lead to refresh issues.
- Review the calculation items within the group and verify if any references exist to other calculation groups or measures.

2. Double-check the properties of the calculation group:
- Display Folders: Ensure that display folders are correctly set for each calculation item.
- Default Calculation Item: Confirm that the default calculation item is appropriately selected.

3. Data Model and Relationships:
- Verify that there are no broken relationships or issues in your data model. Sometimes, issues in relationships can impact calculation groups.
- Check if any changes were made to the underlying data model that could affect the calculation group.

4. Ensure that you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop. If you're not on the latest version, consider updating and testing again.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.