Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mike-Hydrite
Frequent Visitor

need help creating a scoring system that will allow more than one selection on a slicer

DATE              PLANT     RTM             Complete

3/7/2020OSREGION JM1
3/11/2020CGREGION SO1
3/4/2020LXREGION JK1
 MKREGION JM0
 UPREGION SO0
1/31/2020WLREGION JK1
 THREGION JK0
1/27/2020LUREGION JK1
 VSREGION JK0

I have this very basic table recording the date that a safety meeting is conducted, the plant it was done at at the region that plant belongs to. I added a 1 for completed meetings and a 0 for uncompleted.

I am using a slicer show the 3 RTM options

REGION JK

REGION JM

REGION SO

If the region completes there meetings per quarter I need to show a score of 3, if they don't complete all there meetings I need to show a score of 1

Example

REGION JK has 5 plants. So to get a full score of 3 for Q1 then the meetings completed column shoud equal 5. Anything less is a 1

Both REGIONS JM and SO only have 2 plants each, so a full score of 3 can be obtained by having a meetings completed equal to 2 per Quarter.

I've had luck with getting the desired score of 3 or 1 when I use the slicer to go thru each region 1 at a time.

However, I also want the ability to select all 3 regions at the same time on the slicer and get a score of 3 or 1 depending on whether the all nine plants have had meeting in the quarter.  Meaning to get a 3 for Q1 (with all 3 regions selected) the total meeting count would have to equal 9.

This is where I cannot get the scoring right if more than one region is selected.

I have a calendar table in my model the has a quarter column that I'm using to filter to the correct quater.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike-Hydrite ,

If I got it correctly, you can create this measure to calcualte Sroce:

Score =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Complete] ) * 3, 'Table'[Complete] = 1 )
    + CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Complete] = 0 )

After you filter the quarter, when you select multi Regions in the slicer, you may get the result like this:

Score.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike-Hydrite ,

If I got it correctly, you can create this measure to calcualte Sroce:

Score =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Complete] ) * 3, 'Table'[Complete] = 1 )
    + CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS ( 'Table' ), 'Table'[Complete] = 0 )

After you filter the quarter, when you select multi Regions in the slicer, you may get the result like this:

Score.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.