Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paquettb

missing data point on ArcGIS map

Hello, 

I am still new to PowerBi. I am working on a location map of competition in the area. I wanted to make my location stand out so I pinned the ArcGIS Map. However, I could not click on the data point behind the pin to show population in a 40 mile radius. When I delted the pin the data point also disappeared. 

It's the only data point that I have that is not showing up. I tried using a slicer to turn on all and even just that data point. However, the data point still does not show up. Anyone have ideas on why I lost a data point and how to restore it?

Thanks,

Brant Paquette

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@paquettb,

Do you use "Pins" in ArcGIS map? Could you please share sample data of your table which I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for the late reply. I got side tracked with other projects going on.  Yes, I did use a pin in the same area to mark the city. It covered the data point so I removed it but when it was removed, the data point for the business locaiton was removed as well.

I tried reloading the data and then removed the GPS data from the map setup. However when I placed the GPS data back in all points did reload.  Including the missing location. However, sortly after it also disapperared.  Now, I did have a computer issue with a windows update that required me to reload my OS. ArcGis is complaining about another error now. I am going to try and recreate the map from scratch and see if I can get it to work.

Since, I am at the point of rebuilding my data. I will see if the problem comes back. If it does then see if I can extract the sample data to share.

Thanks for your help. I will post back so you know the status

Brant

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had trouble getting all my data to display on maps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.