Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frixel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

limitations number of runs power automate

Hi all,

I made a flow with Power Automate for refresh my report in the service version when the source is updated.

1.jpg

Now i have in power automate the next error:

Invalid dataset refresh request. Number of refresh requests in last 24 hours exceeded limit

Then a flow with power automate has no added value compared to the schedule refresh in the report itself?
You can only use / set this 8 times.

Am I doing something wrong? I hope so because I thought I had finally finished my report, but now I run into this again.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Frixel refer

"Existing limits on refreshes apply when running the refresh dataset action in Microsoft Flow. For datasets in shared capacity used by Power BI Pro, your refresh action is limited to eight refreshes per day (including refreshes executed via Scheduled Refresh). In Premium capacities, there is not limitation on the number of refreshes per day, although you are limited by the available resources in your capacity. If there are not sufficient resources, the refresh execution may be throttled until the load is reduced. If this throttling exceeds 1 hour, the refresh will fail."

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/refresh-your-power-bi-dataset-using-microsoft-flow/

Hi @amitchandak 

I don't understand it very well.

I kept running into the fact that my dynamic file was not always updated in powerBi pro.
By default I only had the limitation of 8x the schedule in the report itself, which is too little.

I got several times on this forum to do it via power automate but there is no difference ??

Is there still a possibility to set in power automate with a timer that the file will be refreshed every half hour or is it still the 8x limitation?

Hi @amitchandak 

Besides I have a professional version which is also the premium?

And... i have make my report in the windows 10 power bi app. Is that a issue with the limitations ?

1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.