Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

incremental refresh issue in PowerBI

Hi All, 

I am trying to implement the incremental rfresh in PowerBI and having some issues

The source of my data is SQL server. I have imported few tables from the SQL Server.  I have then created two parameters, RangeStart and RangeEnd. 

nabeel_1-1674424164475.png

I have then applied those parameters to a particular date column in Table X as shown below:

nabeel_2-1674424209791.png

Now, when I right click the table to apply Incremental Refresh, I get the following message.

• Though, I have already defined the parameters.
  • Can someone help me what I am doing wrong ? 

Note: I have checked that EnableLoad abd Include in report refresh options are already checked for the table. 

nabeel_0-1674424128063.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

The incremental refresh must conform the following rules:

1.Date filtering- the types of parameters(RangeStart and RangeEnd) must be "Date/Time" and the filtered column type should be "Date/Time" or integer data type

2.Query folding - Incremental refresh is designed for data sources that support query folding.

You can refer to the following links:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#supported-data-sources

Incremental Refresh and Hybrid tables in Power BI: Load Changes Only - RADACAD

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

The incremental refresh must conform the following rules:

1.Date filtering- the types of parameters(RangeStart and RangeEnd) must be "Date/Time" and the filtered column type should be "Date/Time" or integer data type

2.Query folding - Incremental refresh is designed for data sources that support query folding.

You can refer to the following links:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#supported-data-sources

Incremental Refresh and Hybrid tables in Power BI: Load Changes Only - RADACAD

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Note that RangeStart and RangeEnd must be DateTime type (not Date). Once that is the case, you likely need to wrap them with Date.From( ) in your Filter step.

Pat

Microsoft Employee
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that I have just three rows of dummy data

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.