cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

ignoring date filter on page

I have a dashboard that is filtered by the last reported date.

however i want to show all the status for a project over a the last year, how do i ignore that filter report date on the dashboard to not apply to this one visual.  

this is my calculated column value but its not working, its not ignoring the date filter on thage page

RAGs This Year = CALCULATE(VALUEs(Rag[Rag Status]), FILTER(all('Date'), 'Date'[Year] = year(TODAY())))

in the table i can see this is working, but when i add it to the visual it still removes all other dates

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: ignoring date filter on page

@v-danhe-msft  sorry it looks like i double posted, as i said for visual i just set interactions not to filter for this particular visual problem sorted quick, thanks for the response though.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

can you share sample data?
in general calculated column should not be affected by slicers, so I think you will need measure

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vanessafvg,

Based on my test, you could create a measure instead of a calculated column:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),MONTH('Table1'[Date])=MONTH(TODAY())))

Result(I have set the page filter):

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vanessafvg,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@v-danhe-msft  sorry it looks like i double posted, as i said for visual i just set interactions not to filter for this particular visual problem sorted quick, thanks for the response though.