Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

amalrio
Helper V
Helper V

how to unpivot table with multiple columns

Hi Gurus, 

I have a requirement to unpivot a table with multiple columns, not sure how would I go about it and would ended up giving me incorrect results. below is the image of my tabel, any help is highlty appriciated.

amalrio_0-1605577644871.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amalrio , Not very clear. But at visual level you can have year as group or filter depending on the visusal

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak , 

thanks a lot for the reply, 

I just found out, so say if I want to group by some of the Project stage say I only want to group the totals for year by when it is implementation? and not whne colse out and define, how do I do that

Thanks again mate

Hi @amalrio 

If you want to sum the values by year and project, you could try group by function in power query editor.

My test table:

1.png

I unpivot 2020 and 2021 column , then use gourp by function. Result is as below.

2.png

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please provide me with your screenshot of the result you want. This may make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.