Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

luis_pflucker
Helper II
Helper II

how to group rows with calculated columns

Hi,

I have a table with calculated columns  as you see in the attached picture, I am trying to group in same row for example Defect ID 32013, 32026, 32053, etc where as a result the column #TCs Blocked will be the sum of quantities in such rows.

#TCs Blocked is the sum of calculated column: 

ATRKBlockedCOL = calculate(countrows (Execution_Report), calculatetable ( Execution_Report, Execution_Report[TEST CASE STATUS] = "Blocked")) + calculate(countrows (Execution_Report), calculatetable ( Execution_Report, Execution_Report[TEST CASE STATUS] = "No run"))
Please, any suggest?

Luis

Capture.PNG

13 REPLIES 13
MPMP
Frequent Visitor

Can share your DAX maesure for RANKX and comparision ? let me take a look at it and see where you are going wrong

I tried with:

Column = RANKx(all('All Defects (2)'[Defect number]),'All Defects (2)'[ATRKBlockedCOL])

Where Defect number = Defect ID and ATRKBlockedCOL is #TCs Blocked

Try using the below dax measure:

RANKX(
FILTER(
'Table Name',
'Table Name'[Column Name1] = EARLIER('Table Name'[Column Name1]) 
),
'Table Name'[Column Name2],,DESC,Dense
)

The above measure will group your records and assigns rank inside the group

Hi, you mean: 

Column = RANKx(filter('All Defects (2)','All Defects (2)'[Defect number]= earlier ('All Defects (2)'[Defect number])),'All Defects (2)'[ATRKBlockedCOL],,DESC,dense).
See attached what I got.
Capture.PNG

You need to create another column and get the MaxRank in each group, if the max rank = 0 then 'N' if the max rank =1 then 'Y'

MPMP
Frequent Visitor

Hi Luis,

I hope my solution helped you to achieve what you were looking for, could you please accept it as solution ?

Hi, I am still trying to figure out gow to apply your suggestion.

MPMP
Frequent Visitor

group the records and Rank Defect ID by TCs Blocked, get the max rank for each Defect ID in a new column, now if the rank is > 2 that will be the duplicate Defect ID make it as 'Y', if its not greater than 2 then thats not duplicate.
some thing like this

MPMP_0-1621965103603.png

Hi MPMP,

I tried with RANK.EQ and also using RANKX, and got some results, but not sure how you did suggest the entire DAX, please could you share details?.Thanks.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @luis_pflucker ,

usually the values will be summarized automatically. 

The just won't summarize by ID when you choose for one of the measures the "Don't summarize" option:

selimovd_0-1621959404580.png

Make sure all measures in this tables are set to an aggregation like SUM and then the values should summarize.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Hi Denis,

yes, what you suggested is already done, Defect ID as not summarize, and #TC Blocked and BUATotro as sum. My issue is I am trying to group those duplicated Defect ID, where values in column #TC Blocked are sum, and create a row where shows something like Y or N, for example : 32013 with 110 #TC Blocked should be in a row as Y, 32026 with 142 # TC Blocked in a row with Y, and so on, only 31990 with 13 #TC Blcked in a row with N. I am trying to group using any algorithm based on columns BUATotro or BUATotroYN. See attached picture on what I want to do.Capture2.PNG

If you need a new column in the visual which returns "Yes" for values greater than 0 else "No", then create a measure along the lines of:

Yes or no = IF(SUM( Table [BUATotro]) >0, "Yes", "No")
or
If BUATotro is a measure,

Yes or no = IF([BUATotro measure] >0, "Yes", "No")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks Paul, but still had the issue because I wanted to group even Yes or Not, where each Defect ID is suming #TCs Blocked in only one row.

What I did, is based on your suggestion, I calculated a column Yes or No, and on this new column I choose not count, not summarize, but Last (as attached). Thanks!!!Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.