Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

faerewatson
Advocate I
Advocate I

hide drillthrough from filter pane for embedded reports

the latest rollout of a new feature (Analytics, Measure Drillthrough) has caused an additional section to show up on our embedded Power BI reports (we are using the filter pane). See screenshot with a dummy report embedded into our application - is there ANY way to disable showing the DRILLTHROUGH portion? It is already confusing our end users because they don't understand what to do with it (and they don't have the ability to "drag drillthrough fields here"). Please help!!drillthrough showing in filter pane for end user.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi faerewatson ,

Modify config object and set filterPaneEnabled to false like this:

var config= {
    type: 'report',
    tokenType: tokenType == '0' ? models.TokenType.Aad : models.TokenType.Embed,
    accessToken: txtAccessToken,
    embedUrl: txtEmbedUrl,
    id: txtEmbedReportId,
    permissions: permissions,
    settings: {
        filterPaneEnabled: false,
        navContentPaneEnabled: true
    }
};

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

thanks @v-yuta-msft - but that doesn't solve my problem - we love the filter pane (saves so much space on the canvas to have the filters on the side!) and we would have to revamp all of our reports to accomodate the removal of the filter pane. We just need the DRILLTHROUGH fields/section to be disabled. Is that possible?

Hi faerewatson,

I'm afraid currently there's no configure options on that, you can submit your idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft - I have already done so here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34219372-disable-drillthrough-on-...

And also submitted a support ticket (and a promising response of "we already escalated this issue to the product team" - please upvote my idea and hopefully between all three channels a fix will be prioritized!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.