Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

azakir
Resolver I
Resolver I

help with calculated column

Hi Guys. 

Need help with a calculated column. 

I have the following calculated column. The idea is, if the scrap tyres have a value, then check whether all the other parameters have a value, if any one of them do, then "exclude tyres". I would like to use this as a filter:

azakir_0-1693432378156.png

What I am trying to achieve is, when I click exclude measure filter in my report, it should remove the tyres completely from the following measure: 

azakir_2-1693432760006.png

It does not do so, because Oil disposed has a value (even though oil is not part of the second measure). Ideally the value for tyres should be "include" because metal, timber and general are all 0: 

azakir_3-1693432799025.png

wrecking my brain trying to work this out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
azakir
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Guys. 

So I had been able to do a workaround this. Had to pivot my main table. Although not ideal, but does the trick.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
azakir
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Guys. 

So I had been able to do a workaround this. Had to pivot my main table. Although not ideal, but does the trick.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.