Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LLJ1221
Helper I
Helper I

have the difference between 2 dates dynamically

Hello,

I don't know if my problem has already been asked on the forum but I haven't found any answers.

I have the following table:

Transaction

Operation number

Operation number_1

date operation

11/02/2023

05/03/2023

20/11/2022

01/08/2022

The user can choose different operations through two filters (Operation number and Operation number_1) in order to obtain the difference in days between the 2 selected operations.

For example if the user filters on operation number = 080 and another filters on operation number_1 = 010, the calculation would be 02/11/2023 - 11/20/2022

How can I carry out this calculation using a Dax formula please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you able to simply replace the FIRSTDATE() function above with MIN(). That should return the same result, provided there are no blanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Please try the following: 

dates selected = 
var OPNo = CALCULATE(FIRSTDATE('Table'[date operation]), ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Operation number]))
var OPNo1 = CALCULATE(FIRSTDATE('Table'[date operation]), ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Operation number_1]))
return DATEDIFF(OPNo, OPNo1, DAY)

Hi @vicky_ ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I published to specify sue I susu in Direct Query mode and I know that I had already had problems with the "FirstDate" function because it was not supported in direct query mode

Are you able to simply replace the FIRSTDATE() function above with MIN(). That should return the same result, provided there are no blanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.