Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

grouping into different columns

I am trying to seperate a column work order tag reason when the WO order number is the same, see example, it would break it out into different columns.  The last 4 rows are the same work order number, so those would have the Tag Reasons seperated into seperate columns.  all other fields would stay the same.  grouping.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jcastr02 

According to your description, the requirement is inconsistent with the PQ function calculation logic. For example, the order number you provided has four rows that require four custom columns. If other order numbers have many rows that are not repeated, how many additional custom columns should be added? If you do this is to realize an idea in the report, you can put it forward and let me see if i can help you.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@lbendlin See below  and appreciate your help.  Essentially what I am trying to do is sort of pivot the Work order tag reason column / split it when the work order number matches.  

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data in usable format (not as a picture) , show the expected outcome, and give sufficient context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.