Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db042190
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

generating the actual filters from a single filter entered by user

Hi I just plumbed my 2016 tabular model to my first pbi frame with a custom column chart.   It charts what percentage of the boss's cases are being handled by the employee showing on the horizontal axis.  What i'd like to do now is add my first pbi filter where the user either chooses the boss's name from a drop down or types it in.  I'm open to either and would just need one or the other.  This is just a poc and the drop down would be voluminous.  If its a drop down i'd like to associate a hidden employee id with each displayed boss's name.  Behind the scenes i'd like to then turn that choice into the real filters that will drive the column chart.  That would be a list of that boss's subordinates.  I know how to write the filter generating query for the subordinates but dont know my way around pbi yet.  So i dont know how to turn one explicitly entered filter into a behind the scenes "filter to actually use" on the column chart. 

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@db042190

I still can't understand your requirement.

Can you share screenshots of your expectd result with same sample data?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.