Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gheecalipes25
Helper II
Helper II

error in creating powerbi dataflows

Hi,

I am creating a powerbi data flow using SQL query and i keep getting the error below? How do i resolve this? thank you.

Evaluation was canceled, message: Evaluation was canceled, message: Evaluation is canceled (Session ID: 6a30c1f0-e53f-4e77-9ecf-14705bf733ac, Region: uk)

5 REPLIES 5
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gheecalipes25 

@amitchandak Thanks for your sharing !

The error message you encountered, "Evaluation canceled," usually indicates that the process was interrupted or could not be completed as expected.

This can happen for a variety of reasons, including resource limitations or configuration settings in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Services.

You can try to solve the problem in the following ways:

Make sure that the computer has enough resources (CPU, memory) to handle the data stream creation process. High resource consumption by other applications may cause this error.

Adjust the settings related to data loading and query execution. You can check the Maximum number of concurrent jobs setting under File > Options and settings > Options > Data load. Reducing the number of concurrent jobs may help avoid overloading the system.

vnuocmsft_0-1711347355214.png

Evaluation configuration settings for Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the SQL query is complex or returns a large amount of data, consider optimizing the query to reduce its complexity or the amount of data returned. This helps prevent timeouts or cancellations due to lengthy evaluation times.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gheecalipes25
Helper II
Helper II

I dont have that option in Advanced settings.. Below is my dataflow screen creation

gheecalipes25_0-1710952430444.png

@gheecalipes25 , Enter a value in the command timeout in minutes, say 10 Min

do i need to have the query updated? the query was from one of our engineers and unfortunately, i am not quite an expert on SQL queries.. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gheecalipes25 , In advance option, there is an option for a time out, increase that

If there is a refresh button coming use that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.