Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheBigLo
Frequent Visitor

error due to an empty file when importing the data

I'm using a json from a webservice with parameters (to speed up acquisition) as the data source.

these parameters are dynamic.

This can have the effect of returning an empty file to me, which gives me the following error.

DataFormat.Error: <pii>We reached the end of the buffer.</pii>. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Is it possible to prevent this error in case of empty file?

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @TheBigLo,

The following ones are the threads which has the similar problem as yours, please check their solutions. Hope they also can help you solve the problem.

JSON File: reached end of buffer

Well I have been able to locate the problem:

The POST call returns an incomplete response thus incomplete JSON file is saved. 

It seems to be an issue with my data provider.

So moral of the story is: incorrect JSON format will give an end of buffer memory error.

Pivot Column results in DataFormat.Error: We reached the end of the buffer...

Try the following: uncheck "Allow data preview to download in nthe backgroup" and "Enable parallel loading of tables" and check if this issue persists or not.

yingyinr_0-1656480519922.png

DataFormat.Error: We reached the end of the buffer.

1. Try reinstall desktop, which has worked for someone who had the same issue.

2. Try change max cache size in the option. It looks a memory issue.yingyinr_1-1656480565456.jpeg

DataFormat.Error: We reached the end of the buffer

Refresh fails with error We reached the end of the buffer.

If the above ones can't help you, could you please provide the setting of your dynamic paramters? And which one will be with empty value? Thank you.

Creating Dynamic Parameters in Power Query

yingyinr_2-1656480869044.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.